First Aid at Work Refresher Course
- 12 hour course (Excluding break times) is run over a period of 2 days. This can be organized to suit the client’s needs within the working environment.
- Course can be run in clients own premises, providing a suitable training venue is available for use by the instructor.
- If an external venue has to be arranged, the cost of this will be transferred to the client.
- Minimum number of students: 8 or a maximum number of students: 12
- Students are required to pass a multiple choice question paper comprising of 25 questions, the pass mark is 18. They are also required to be assessed in dealing with three practical elements.
- On completion and confirmation of competence, 2 certificates will be issued by the training company, one A4 sized certificate for the HR Department, and one Plastic photographic Identity Card for each successful candidate. The certificate is valid for a period of three years, and the award is: Health & Safety First Aid at Work Regulations (GB) 1981 Certificates will be issued on cleared payment of course fees.
- Students are required to bring note taking materials on day of registration.
- Students will be issued with the current First Aid Manual for future reference.
- Students must produce a current valid First Aid at Work Certificate, prior to being accepted on this course
The syllabus for the First Aid at Work and First Aid at Work Refresher Course includes:
- First Aid Essentials
- Techniques, Equipment & Hygiene
- Lifesaving Procedures
- Respiratory Disorders
- Heart & Circulatory Disorders
- Wounds & Bleeding
- Bone, Joint & Muscle Injuries
- Nervous System Disorders
- Environmental Injuries
- Foreign Objects
- Poisoning, Bites & Stings
- Medical Problems