Manual Handling Awareness Course
- 3 hour duration of teaching hours
- Courses can be run in clients own premises, providing a suitable training room is available for use by the instructor
- If premises are required to be booked by Training Company charges will be transferred to the client
- Minimum number of students to attend is 8 in total
- Students will be issued with a certificate of attendance on cleared payment of course fees, these certificates are valid for a period of 1 year
- Invoice payment will be due 14 days from date of invoice
- Students are issued with a Manual Handling Book
- Course fees as per price list.
Aims and Objectives
Upon completion of this half-day awareness training on back care and Manual Handling, participants will:
- Understand the legal responsibilities placed upon employers and employees by the Health & Safety at Work (NI) Order 1978 and the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992.
- Understand both the causes of back injury and the importance of back injury prevention strategies.
- Understand the physical and mechanical effects of Manual Handling on the body.
- Be capable of identifying and correcting unsafe/incorrect body postures during the execution of handling procedures.
- Understand the importance, and be able to assist supervisors in carrying out Risk Assessments.